Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Weekend Life and Link happy post

Sometimes I really like weekends and sometimes I don't.  I like to relax but I also really like to keep busy.  Especially when I have so many things on my mind!  This weekend was a wonderful mixture of both relaxing and active.

On Saturday I started my day out fairly early, as I had the whole day planed out ;)  I spent many hours in the kitchen making some seriously yummy treats (Oven made Smores, Chocolate/Carmel covered apples halves, and pumpkin cream cheese muffins) and watching football!  My idea of fun!  Yes, there is probably something wrong with me :)

I was able to watch about an hour of the Husker game. Nebraska kicked some serious booty. Which really should have been considered a scrimmage but hey, we'll take the win!

Then I was off to a Kickball tournament fundraiser!  The fundraiser was for an organization based in Malawi, Africa that some of my friends are a part of called A Lighted Path.  I was set to help be on "Kid Duty" for the day.  Perfect!  It was a glorious day.  The sun was shining and there was a bit of chill in the air. Awesome fall day.

On the drive home after the games I found myself thanking God for the day.  There is nothing that compares to spending a day surrounded by like-minded people who not only love the Lord but love His people in Africa and want to help.  Such soothing balm for my heart!  I had a smile on my face the whole day... something that doesn't always happen these days.  I was blessed. I am thankful.

I am thankful that I am not alone. 

It helps.

Saturday flew by and Sunday came! 

Sunday morning church was wonderful as it always is. Worshiping with teens is always an adventure and fun to be a part of.

I could have found MANY things to fill my day with. I could have kept really busy but I just didn't want to. I've been going, going, going a lot lately so I choose to just relax. To actually sabbath on the sabbath. Wow, now that's a new concept ;)

My Sunday consisted of being curled up on the couch with a blanket flipping back and forth between Football and the show Ice Road Truckers then babysitting. It was a good day!

Ok, if you have never watched Ice Road Truckers... oh man I'm addicted. It is not for everyone but I love it and I have no clue why! But it is kind of fun seeing where I grew up.  The show takes place in Northern Alaska and Canada on some of the most dangerous roads in North America.  I lived just outside Fairbanks, Alaska until I was 5 years old.  Way of life is much different in Alaska especially in Northern Alaska.  It has to be.  The weather is dangerous much of the year.  Life is hard for many people.  It's interesting to watch and think about the time my family and I spent living there. 

A visit might be nice.  Only in the summer though.  I really hate the snow!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment