Thursday, June 23, 2011

new hang out room?

I moved into my new home on Tuesday. It was an impromptu move (date of move, not move itself) that set my emotions over the edge. Just tip me over and pour me out...


I was able to get all of my living stuff moved in in 3 trips and got settled pretty quickly. Although it was difficult for me to have the plans changed, not over-see the moving of furniture and so on I am thankful for it now. Although it was rough, it was a blessing.


The Lord gave me the opportunity to be stretched, to be challenged, to react or not react. My reaction was to cry - which for me is a good way to get emotions out and not let them build up. The Lord allowed the last bit of control I thought I had to be taken away. All that was left was to surrender.


I was presented with the opportunity to put others needs above my own. To allow change to happen, happen quickly. To let any feelings of being upset go and embrace what was coming. And I can say I am proud of myself - I "cowboy'd up" and went with the flow.


And of course it all went smoothly and was great in the end!
I have moved in with amazing friends. They are family to me. It's wonderful to get to see my precious god-son and his awesome brothers everyday :) The house is full but I love it! I'm a huge fan of living in community. I love the open door, coming and going, and late nights.


Last night was small group night. I came home from work to a bustling house of teenagers. My heart was instantly happy! As the night went on one by one my room began to fill up with teens. As they piled on my bed I thought quietly to myself... this will be my life one day - a house full of teens - rooms full of stupid jokes, odd smells, belly hurting laughter, tears, talks - yes Lord I want this to be my life one day... soon!


If my room becomes the new hang out room my heart is content :)




What makes your heart happy?


~Nicole






No comments:

Post a Comment