Thursday, June 16, 2011

Silence

I'm NOT good with silence.

Best example of that is the fact I sleep with 3 fans on at night. I always have some kind of noise on in my apartment like my ipod, a movie or tv show. Always. My music is always on at work and in my car. I'm the first to speak up and usually the last to shut up.

I don't know why this is. It just is.

Right now there is a lot of silence in my life. I feel like God is being silent. People are not returning conversation (emails, phone calls). Now yes I have thought about the obvious - I need to be quiet - but I it's deeper than that.

Right now I have to talk. In order to raise support for Italy I have to tell people about it. And with that talking usually comes defending what God has called me to do. To be honest I wouldn't mind a time of silence...

At this moment I believe Jesus is gently beckoning me into a quite season, a time to listen, a chance to hear what only He is saying. This is hard for me, not gonna lie. With this comes an understanding that I do not have to defend myself. All I am asked to do is listen and obey. I desire that my conversations with possible funders come straight from the Lord and not from me.

That requires silence. I'm not good at it but I will do my best.

What about you? Silence. Like or dislike?!
~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment