Saturday, August 3, 2013

on my heart

The continent I love is on my heart today.  I found this picture while on Pinterest.  These are just some of the realities that come from this beautifully broken continent.  But despite the many broken realities, Africa is still that, BEAUTIFUL!   I see these realities and want to shrink back in fear and questions.  I ask myself, will things ever change?  And the resounding answer is YES.  My God created this large piece of land and each and every precious person who calls its soil their home.  God created Africa.  God loves Africa.  God is FOR Africa.  Today I remind myself that it is not my job to save Africa... it is my joy and honor to LOVE her people and call her soil my home!





I then came across this picture and my heart nearly burst!!!  BEAUTIFUL. GLORIOUS. Be still my heart.  Yes, this is why, this is why I can face the realities.  God is sending me to help but He is the one who will deliver.  He is the one who will save.  He is the provider of the needy and the healer of the afflicted.  He says it in His word and my God, my God does not lie!  He fulfills every promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment