Friday, October 4, 2013

filling in the gaps

Life is going a mile a minute!  Time is flying by and I don't even know how I feel about it.

I thought I would make a post with a few of the highlights from life lately.  Kind of a fill in the gaps style of post...

1) Classes started back the beginning of September.  Things are going well this semester.  I'm still struggling to get the language but I have seen some improvements and that counts!  I am in a different class this semester and this has made a huge difference for me.  I went through almost seven months of intense anxiety and heavy fear but that is all gone!  It's crazy.  Crazy cool that is :)

2) My attachment to the game of Football is a bit intense.  And maybe a bit unhealthy.  [never!!]  This year has been a challenge for me, that is no secret.  Adding missing Football season was just too much... it was the straw that broke the camel's back per say.  Thankfully we live in a scary obsessive technology day and age and I was able to find an affordable way to get my College Football fix - the Big10 Network, International!  Now I can watch all the Husker games and watch other big10 teams games.  My heart feels a little more whole ;)

3)  I am moving to Mali, Africa in less than 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can I get an Amen! Hallelujah!  In fact, I am looking to make the big move in 78 days.  Ahhhhhh.  I'm excited and scared and filled with joy and hiding under my covers...  this is a big deal ya'll.  Thirteen years of waiting is coming to a close.

4)  I received pictures of the house I will be moving into in Mali.  Getting the pictures set things in motion for me.  Looking at pictures of my home gave me permission to be excited.  It's real.  It's happening.  I have a home!  Feeling a bit less like homeless wanderer these days.

5)  My team just grew by 6!  We recently had a new family join our team and I could not be more excited!  I have been getting to know them a bit through email and this family is a total gift.  In talking with April and sharing our hearts we discovered we are knit from the same cloth... KIDS!!!  Not only do they have 4 awesome kiddos of their own but like me April has a heart to minister to kids and young adults!  I don't know if I have been more excited about ministry than I am now.  God is answering prayers!

6)  I let the cat out of the bag yesterday and can now share -  I am going home for a short visit in a few weeks!!!  You have no idea what a gift this is to me.  Jesus knows me well.  In just a few weeks I get to hug my Mom and Dad for the first time in 9 1/2 months!  I get to see four little boys who have grown like crazy [which makes me cry!].  I get to see my people.  I get to go anywhere and understand what is going on around me!  :)  This short trip home is a huge gift for me!  I thought I was going to be gone for 3 full years before I got to come home but God had other plans...  Wow, He really loves me!

Well, that's it for the big things.  The little things of the day to day life are still lingering in my heart, waiting for the right time to be shared.  I'm feeling a desire to open up a bit and share and in time, in time I will. 

Happy Friday! 
~Nicole

P.S. - Here are a few pictures of my new house... because I'm a giddy four year old who can't keep things to herself ;)

That's the house!!!!  I love it already!  So many plans...

I'm so excited for the life that will be lived in this space! 

This is my bedroom... just imagine a bohemian/moroccan/bright
feel and that is what I want this space to look like!

Yes, yes there is a pool!  Don't be too jealous though...
It's only for survival from the 100+ degree summer heat ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment